Recipe by kiddoinky
I eat a lot of real oatmeal...almost every morning. This was an attempt to bring in some Fall flavors.
Top Review by Julie F
Really enjoyed this oatmeal. I didn't have blackberries, so omitted those, and left out the pecans to lower the calories. I only put 1 T brown sugar in, and it was still very good. I might use someone else's suggestion to try the pumpkin pie spice, and see if that makes any difference. Great breakfast for a chilly fall morning!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rolled Quaker Oats
- 1⁄4 cup libby's canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch of grated fresh nutmeg
- 5 large blackberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped hickory nuts or 2 tablespoons pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan combine water, oats, pumpkin, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg and blackberries.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Cook oats with all other ingredients in the saucepan according to package directions.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking add in the nuts.
- Serve immediately!