Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I eat a lot of real oatmeal...almost every morning. This was an attempt to bring in some Fall flavors.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rolled Quaker Oats
- 1⁄4 cup libby's canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch of grated fresh nutmeg
- 5 large blackberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped hickory nuts or 2 tablespoons pecans
- In a small saucepan combine water, oats, pumpkin, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg and blackberries.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Cook oats with all other ingredients in the saucepan according to package directions.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking add in the nuts.
- Serve immediately!
Really enjoyed this oatmeal. I didn't have blackberries, so omitted those, and left out the pecans to lower the calories. I only put 1 T brown sugar in, and it was still very good. I might use someone else's suggestion to try the pumpkin pie spice, and see if that makes any difference. Great breakfast for a chilly fall morning!
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this for my breakfast. I changed the recipe slightly. I took the advice of another member and used raisins as I didn't have blackberries. I also added 2 pinches of splenda gran. to sweeten a bit more. I used the pecans. I think this would be great with walnuts. Overall this was good and I'd probably make it again with more spices and more raisins. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
I made this water, quick oats, pumpkin, 2T white sugar, and 1 1/2 T pumpkin pie spice. I also used milk to thin it out when I served it. Everyone loved it even my picky 7 year old. Thanks for sharing!!