Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These super moist muffins are amazing! They are super easy and can be served for breakfast or as a dessert. No one will ever know these divine treats are vegan! And you can be creative and personal by topping them any way you like.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 butter substitute (I like Earth Balance)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup soya milk, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves (optional)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven: 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups, or grease muffin tin. You can also make as loaf in greased 8x4 bread pan.
- In large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Measure soy or rice milk and add in apple cider vinegar, mix.
- In seperate bowl, cream together sugars and soy butter with mixer until well combined.
- Add in milk mixture, vanilla, and **3/4 of canned pumpkin. Mixing on the lowest setting of mixer, or use a wooden spoon.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry, mixing well. Batter should be somewhat thick, to where it falls of in globs when poured with a spoon. Add more pumpkin mix if too thick.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the mix into prepared pan. Add topping (try; chocolate chips, crushed pecans or walnuts, Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, brown sugar) Gently push topping in with spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 min, or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool at least 1/2 hour.