Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I started with a basic pumpkin muffin recipe and did some major tweaking to perfect these beauties, with their strong, sweet pumpkin pie taste. They in fact use canned pumpkin pie mix (recommended: Libby's) rather than plain canned pumpkin. Don't be afraid to add a little more flour to make the batter a bit thicker; the more you add, the denser your muffins will turn out.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the oil and canned pumpkin; stir in raisins, if using.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin, filling cups most of the way; there will be enough for 18 muffins, so it's alright if there's leftover batter after the first batch.
- Sprinkle brown sugar to taste over the tops of each.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted down the middle of one muffin comes up clean.
Excellent muffins!They are so moist.In addition to cinnamon I also added a tsp of pumpkin pie spice,even 2 tsp would be good.I also added a tbsp of ground flax seed.
My 6 year old son loved it! I bought pumpkin pie filling by mistake so I was Very glad to find this recipe! I made 4 mini loaves. They took a little longer to cook than the muffins but I baked them all at once in a silicon pan. I skipped the topping accidentally but they didn't need it. Moist and delicious! Super easy!
Super easy, moist and delicious! I also made a batch with chocolate chips and it worked out great!