Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love pumpkin! These mini pies are an easy make-ahead dessert for potlucks, bake sales, catering or a buffet table. A great crowd-pleasing dessert to have around Thanksgiving!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 36 muffin tins with paper muffin cups.
- Place a nilla wafer, flat side down in the center of each lined muffin tin.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together sugar and spices.
- Beat eggs and pour into sugar mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Blend in pumpkin until well incorporated.
- Stir in both cans of milk. Note:I have substituted whole milk and/or half and half for canned milk with success.
- Ladel mixture into muffin tins on top of Nila wafer. Fill about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes. I try to gently rotate pan about half way through the time. It should be noted that I bake 3 12-cup tins at a time on two oven racks and cook all my pies in one batch. If you are doing 1 12-cup pan at a time your cooking time should be decreased.
- Pies are done when they are set. Set is slightly puffed around the edges with a center than no longer looks wet. They should not be dark.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. For best taste chill completely and then serve with a dollup of whipped cream.
- Can be eaten much like a cupcake.
- Store chilled like you would pumpkin pie.
- Note: If your pan space is limited these can be done in batches. Just chill batter not in use and make each pie cools for at least 15 minutes before you remove from pan to start next batch. Be gentle with them.