Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was originally posted by Zenith. She's no longer active at Zaar, but is sorely missed by some of her followers! Here's what she had to say about this recipe: "A lowfat pumpkin pie, minus the crust. Perfect for satisfying pumpkin pie cravings without all those calories and fat grams. From 'Low-Fat Living for Real People.'"
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (e.g. Egg Beaters)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, blending well.
- Pour into 1-quart casserole dish or glass pie plate lightly sprayed with oil.
- Bake in preheated 400F oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I love pumpkin pie and this was it, without the crust. I did use soy milk which took a bit longer in the oven to set, and two whole eggs, but everything else was the same.
I did a few things to reduce the calorie count a bit. I used half splenda and half sugar, a lower calorie fat free evaporated milk, and just egg whites instead of an egg sub. It smelled heavenly while it was cooking. I was a little dissapointed in it, though. The taste was fine but it was grainy. I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong as I don't think the splenda substitution would make it grainy. With some fat free cool-whip on top it was ok. But I'm not sure I'll make it again.