Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious coffee drinks with the taste of creamy pumpkin pie. You don't have to be a barista to make this or have a cappuccino maker; you can easily make this with instant espresso.
- 59.14 ml pumpkin puree
- 226.79 g prepared eggnog
- 14.79 ml instant espresso powder
- 226.79 g milk
- 2.46 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 29.58 ml caramel syrup
- whipped cream
- Note: do not confuse caramel syrup with caramel ice cream topping; they are not the same thing.
- Combine pumpkin puree, eggnog, instant espresso, milk and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan and whisk until smooth; bring up to heat over low heat, stirring gently, do not boil.
- Pour into coffee cups and add 1 tbsp caramel syrup to each cup (or to taste) and stir until blended; top with a dallop of whipped cream and serve.
Oooh, Sue! I will say, first off, that I did have to make a couple modifications to this. I didn't have any instant espresso powder, so I used 1/3 cup very strong coffee and 1/3 cup each milk and eggnog. I didn't have any caramel syrup either, so I just added some brown sugar instead. Still turned out great! Definitely cafe-quality. I think that honestly, you could up the pumpkin a bit for more of a punkin' kick, but its nice and subtley pumpkiny as-is. Wonderful winter warm-me-up! Thanks Sue!