Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pumpkin Pie Latte from www.lotsofkids.com.
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1 cup milk (may use soy milk)
- 1⁄4 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1⁄4 cup espresso or 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons gingerbread syrup (recipe below)
- ground pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
- ground nutmeg, for garnish
FOR GINGERBREAD SYRUP
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR GINGERBREAD SYRUP: Combine water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer syrup, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- FOR LATTE: In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk. Add syrups. Heat gently until steaming, stirring occasionally. Once heated whisk mixture until foaming. Pour flavored milk into a tall glass and add coffee over. Dust with ground pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg, optional.