Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from Thinner Times. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 8 keebler mini graham-cracker pie crusts
- 1 ounce knox gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (not sure but probably can swap with splenda)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cold heavy cream
- fresh whipped cream, for serving
- Arrange the piecrusts on a baking sheet. Place 1 cup cold water in the top of a double boiler and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Let stand for three minutes.
- Heat the gelatin mixture over a gentle simmer until the granules have dissolved. Add the pumpkin, sugar and spices and heat, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin and sugar are completely melted. Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vodka with 1/4 cup cold water and the heavy cream. Whisk in the pumpkin mixture and immediately divide it among the piecrusts. Chill until firm, at least 4 hours. Slice the pies into wedges, if desired, top with whipped cream and serve.
The gelatin and the pumpkin mixture separates and makes for an unappealing look and feel. Do not waste your time.