Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
We love pumpkin pie and this recipe helps us get in just a little bit more! Try making a milkshake with the leftovers- or pack it into a baked pie crust for a special treat!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the canned pumpkin into a colander lined with cheesecloth or a large coffee filter over a bowl. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes to drain off the excess moisture.
- Over medium heat, cook the heavy cream and both sugars until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan, stirring often. Do not boil. Remove from heat and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat drained pumpkin & the cream mixture together with an electric mixer until combined. Add the salt and the spices and continue beating on medium-high speed for 3 minutes, scraping sides often.
- Pour mixture into prepared ice cream machine. Process for 20 minutes, or following the manufacturer's recommendations for your machine.