Recipe by wicked cook 46
I just bought an ice cream maker this summer and have been experimenting with various flavours and creams etc. Invented this one Thanksgiving weekend. It was a HUGE hit. It is very rich so a little goes a long way . You can switch up the diary . I used a bit of all I had LOL
Top Review by Stezza
Well what an amazing recipe. Being Australian pumpkin pie is pretty rare, although not as rare as pumpkin in a can or 5% cream. I did have to mke my own pumpkin puree but that was no bitty and I had to use full strength cream but it was killer. I mean my four sons could not eat it fast enough... The biggest compliment was brain freezes all round....
- 1 1⁄4 cups of 5% fat cream
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree (not the pie filling)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Wisk sugars and egg together.Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low/meduim heat, heat milk,and cream . Do not boil but heat just until the edges start to bubble. Slowly add part of the heated milk to the eggs wisking constantly. This keeps the eggs from scrambling LOL. Add the heated egg mixture to the remaining milk in pan. Add spices and pumpkin and slowly cook until it thicken slightly and coats a spoon. Remove from heat.Strain through sieve.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturs directions.