Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made up this recipe because I thought the hot chocolate I usually have was a little bit bland. I recommend adding more milk if it tastes to strong to you. Your personal touch is encouraged! If you would rather have it coffee-free, go ahead! You could also use apple pie spice (haven't tried it, but it may taste good) or your favorite extracts.
- 22.18 ml cocoa powder
- 36.97 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml pumpkin spice
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml almond extract
- 1064.65 ml milk (I use soy milk because I'm lactose-intolerant so either will work)
- 9.85 ml instant coffee powder
- FOR MICROWAVE:.
- Stir ingredients together as well as you can in a large microwavable cup.
- Microwave cup with ingredients in this order (stirring in between): 25 sec., 35 sec., 15 sec.
- Happy drinking!
- FOR STOVETOP:.
- Heat up milk in 2 quart sauce pan on medium-low.
- When milk is warm, add liquids. Stir.
- Add all the dry ingredients, but start with the cocoa powder and WHISK constantly to get all the clumps out.
- When desired temperature is reached, pour into mug and drink!
Wonderfully warming and comforting hot chocolate! Instead of almond extract I added 1 tablespoon almond butter to my watery rice milk, so I got a real creamy drink. Thanks for posting! Made for Comfort Cafe Snowqueen's Round 2010.
This recipe is joy for your taste buds! Creamy chocolate with a pumpkin-like surprise. Great for a cold winter's day after shoveling snow or just curled up by the fireplace with a good book. This recipe was made for the Comfort Cafe's tag game.