Recipe by YummySmellsca
There's no shortage of Fall flavour in this crunchy, chunky nut-free treat! With lots of fresh pumpkin puree, maple syrup and spices you don't need buckets of sugar or oil to enjoy!
- 3 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats (not instant or quick cooking)
- 1 cup spelt, flakes or 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries, soaked in hot water and drained
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Mix the oats, spelt flakes, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, brown sugar, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries in a bowl.
- Add the pumpkin puree, oil, maple syrup and vanilla and stir well, until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread out in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then stir and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Set the baking sheet on a rack until the oats are completely cool. The oats will harden into granola while cooling.