A combination of other recipes tweaked to get the best of both worlds. I am posting here because it seems that none of the other recipes made such a large batch. Also, none of the other recipes baked the french toast which I found to be a real time saver! This would be a great make ahead breakfast that you could take with you, syrup is optional, since it already kinda sweet. I give this to my toddlers with a cup of milk and it is an easy less-mess breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar in low flat bowl for easy dipping.
- Line two cookie sheets with foil and spray with Pam.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture on both sides and place on cookie sheet. (I was able to get six slices on each sheet.).
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping them over half way through.
- Serve with maple syrup, powdered suger, or eat them plain if you are on the go.
Didn't realize this had no reviews. So I made it a few months back and we loved it. I usually do not like French Toast, due to the wet egg, but baking it fixes that, and it tastes great. And the baking makes it super easy. I made it with mega-whole wheat/fiber bread, and then froze it for those days when we want FT and I don't want to start from scratch. :) Making a batch of it again today, Thanks!