Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I so wish I'd doubled this recipe while I was making it. Tripled, or quadrupled even! These were so delicious...perfect for the fall season. It's really simple...you just add some pumpkin and spices to the egg-milk mixture. Then make French toast as you would.
- 14 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- butter, for serving
- syrup, for serving
- fresh fruit, as a side
- Set out the bread for dipping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1-2 minutes.
- Once all are cooked, serve with butter, maple syrup and a side of fresh fruit.
- If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.
- Enjoy this perfect fall "breakfast for dinner"!