Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from Top 20 Pumpkin Recipes.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie Eclairs recipe from Food.com.
Pate a choux dough
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour (all purpose flour or bread flour)
- 3 eggs
Pumpkin Pastry Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice pumpkin pie (pumpkin filling from slice)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pate a choux dough: Add milk, water, butter, sugar and salt into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir the mixture continuously to keep it from burning. Once it boils, quickly remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the flour and stir until a dough forms. Return the pan to medium heat 3 minutes while stirring constantly. Make sure the mixture doesn't burn. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the mixture into a mixing bowl. Be careful since the mixture is still hot. Beat for 30 seconds on medium speed. Then add in 1 egg at a time. Beat until smooth after each egg.
- Piping the eclairs: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Use a decorating bag or plastic bag to pipe the eclairs. Make sure the tip is big enough to make about a 1/2:-inch wide eclair. Fill the bag with the eclair dough and pipe onto the baking sheet. Making the eclairs about 1/2"-inch wide and 3-4"inches long. The eclairs should have enough room to expand if you place them about 2"-inches apart.
- Egg Wash: In a separate bowl, combine egg and milk. Beat with a fork until smooth. Using the pastry brush or spoon, brush the egg wash over the eclairs.
- Place the eclairs in the oven and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Do not open your oven while baking. The eclairs are when they appear golden brown and dry. Allow to cool after baking. Once baked and cooled poke a hole in the ends of each eclair.
- Mix the pastry cream ingredients together. Note: This was a Kindle book and no futher instructions were given. I do believe you must cook the pastry cream and then add the pumpkin filling.
- Fill a bag with pastry cream and pipe into the hollow center.
- Chocolate ganache: Combine the chocolate and heavy cream and heat either on the stove or microwave 30 seconds. Dip each eclair in the chocolate.