Recipe by Mona03
I found this recipe on another board. This cake is excellent. A great alternative for pumpkin pie.
Top Review by Chef George P
The recipe, while missing some details, is very good, The cake mix topping doesn't mix in and can be just 'cake flour on top' and very dry! I might suggest mixing the cake mix, butter and nuts with brown sugar and cinnamon into a struesal (sp?) topping.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie puree)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1⁄2 fine chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, brown& white sugar and milk.
- Stir in spices.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cake mix and then pecans.
- Drizzle with butter all over.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.