Recipe by MTpockets
What do you do when you need a holiday dessert and you need it fast? You whip up a moist delicious cake! This is wounderful and you're guests are sure to love this. You can serve ala mode with a dallop of whipped cream.
Top Review by Shelia T
My youngest son loves pumpkin pie. I usually make a couple each Thanksgiving. I'm not a piecrust master and didn't have any packaged ones. So I decided to do this instead. It was a very big hit with everyone. Just a little too sweet for my taste, I'll reduce the sugar next time and maybe experiment with some toasted nuts sprinkled over servings for a little more texture. Paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this was The Bomb!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree, without spices
- 3 eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, Melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350'.
- Mix all except cake mix and butter until blended.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9x13 pan, and sprinkle dry cake mix over entire mixture.
- Then pour melted butter over cake mix.
- Bake at 350' for 45 minutes to 1 hour but no longer.
- Cool before serving.