1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pie Dessert
These pumpkin squares are sweet and spicy. I was given this recipe by a co-worker over 30 years ago just before I got married, and it's one my husband has always enjoyed. Make sure you use canned pumpkin pie MIX not canned pumpkin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Topping (use 1 cup cake mixture reserved)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease or spray a 9x13 cake pan.
- 2Stir together cake ingredients, reserve 1 cup for the topping, press the rest of the mixture into the bottom of your pan.
- 3Mix together filling ingredients pour over the cake layer.
- 4Combine topping ingredients sprinkle over the filling layer.
- 5Bake 45-50 minutes, cool.
- 6Serve with whipped cream.
- 8I seldom use cake mix, when I do it's always Duncan Hines, use the classic yellow.
- 9For extra crunch add 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped walnuts to the topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 529.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g