Recipe by Colleen Sr.
Another version of pumpkin pie but this one suitable to serve the diabetics in the family or those just watching their calories. Modified from Taste Of Home family of magazines.
- 2 1⁄4 cups crushed butter flavored crackers (about 50)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- whipped topping
- chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cracker crumbs, Splenda and butter and press into 13 x 9 x 2 dish.
- Whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices and pour over crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours and garnish servings with whipped topping and nuts.
- Cooking time reflects 3 hours of cooling.