Recipe by SReiff
Not your "everyday" pumpkin pie. Liked by those who don't usually like pumpkin pie (this one's for you, Angie)! This is custard-like, creamy and just absolutely delicious. A family favorite and is the only type of pumpkin pie you'll find on our table during the holiday season!
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk, hot
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 9 inches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scald milk: Make it very hot by bringing it almost to the boiling point.
- Mix all ingredients together except egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and can form peaks.
- Gently fold egg whites into mixed ingredients.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon over top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until set.