Recipe by xpnsve
Nothing says Fall like pumpkin pie and maple :) Perfect for Thanksgiving!
Top Review by Little Suzy Homemaker
The flavor of these was very good. I especially liked the combination of pumpkin with the maple icing. My only trouble was that these were the flatest cupcakes I have ever made. They didn't even pass the rim of the cupcake pan. It may be my fault...because I didn't have cupcake liners, but I still thought they should rise. No one seemed to care and they are almost all gone already and it hasn't even been a whole day! Thanks!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
MAPLE BUTTERCREAM ICING
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line standard muffin pan with baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add water, oil and eggs; beat with electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin; mix until well blended.
- Spoon into baking cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in pan on cooling rack for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- FOR ICING:.
- In a medium bowl, combine all icing ingredients.
- Beat until smooth.