Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is straight out of a Southern Living Holiday Edition. It tastes delicious as an after dinner desert or a great breakfast side to coffee! A cute serving idea is to put each serving in a plain tea-cup and saucer then top with whipped cream.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup crisco butter flavor shortening, melted
- whipped cream
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; pour into pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture, and top with pecans. Drizzle with melted shortening.
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 2 hours or until completely cool.
- Serve with whipped cream!
This was awesome!
I made this for Thanksgiving, it is delicious!!!!