Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wonderful dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas that came from a dear friend who has since passed away
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 9 X 13 inch pan. In mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Pour into pan and sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture, sprinkle nuts on top of cake mix; drizzle melted shortening over all.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting. Serve with whipped topping.