Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Several reviewers complain about the recipe being too sweet and/or too buttery as originally written. I've included the amounts I use, which I think are 'just right'. Also, since I usually don't have pumpkin pie spice in the house, I use 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cloves and 1/2 tsp. ginger instead. (Tip: Using 2/3 of the cake mix instead of half makes it easy to make 8 cupcakes with the remaining box since the mix calls for 3 eggs.)
Top Review by Rosie
An outstanding easy, delicious recipe that everyone loves!!! I have taken this to several parties and it is loved by everyone. It is a must that you bake it in a 9 x 13 pan and serve with whip cream
- 510.29 g package yellow cake mix (I use 2/3 of a box)
- 453.59 g can solid pack pumpkin
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 295.73 ml sugar (I use 1 cup)
- 19.71 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 236.59 ml butter, melted (I used 1/2 cup)
- whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. (Check it early).
- Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.