Several reviewers complain about the recipe being too sweet and/or too buttery as originally written. I've included the amounts I use, which I think are 'just right'. Also, since I usually don't have pumpkin pie spice in the house, I use 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cloves and 1/2 tsp. ginger instead. (Tip: Using 2/3 of the cake mix instead of half makes it easy to make 8 cupcakes with the remaining box since the mix calls for 3 eggs.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. (Check it early).
- Cool completely. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.