Recipe by Chef mariajane
Cooler weather is the perfect excuse to retreat to the kitchen and bake up a feast of treats, and nothing announces a homemade baking festival like the aroma of a freshly baked pumpkin pie!! Surprise your family with this fresh take on pumpkin pie with a streusel-topped crumb version - so delicious!!
Top Review by Chef Willa
The pie/crisp was delicious. Really, it's a pumpkin pie with a crisp topping. I only used half the amount of crisp i prepared. The pie top would not hold anymore! Taste was really good. I brought the leftovers into work and the stuff was gone in an instant! People with sweet tooths would love this.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 (398 ml) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups Carnation Evaporated Milk (regular, 2% or fat-free)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- TOPPING: Combine ingredients with a fork for topping. Reserve.
- TOPPING: Whisk pumpkin purée, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes, reduce heat ot 350F and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add reserved topping. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before serving.