Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I was looking through Betty Crocker's "Fast Fix Family Foods" and came across a recipe for " Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread ". And thought it sounded o.k.,but I decided to try a give it a little boost.So, I changed a few things, then tasted and thought it tasted better than what was originally written..I liked eating this on cinnamon flavored graham crackers.If you want you can add more of spices to suit your tastes.The chill time is "ccoking time ".Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 14th,2008
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- Cream together cream cheese and canned pumpkin.
- Add spices and sugar,mixing well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours so flavors can meld.
- If desired sprinkle with pecans before serving.
I have used this same recipe for a few years now. My addition to this recipe was adding 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Use on cinnamon raisin bagels/bread, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, ginger snaps, apples.
This was good, but not nearly sweet enough for us. I ended up using a little over one additional tablespoon of brown sugar. I made it to serve with Scrumptious Pumpkin Spice Bread, but I can see eating it on a lot of different things. Also, I think with the addition of a little cream this could easily become a dipping sauce for bread chunks or fruit.