Recipe by senseicheryl
I found this recipe on another website this morning. Here is what the chef said: An unusual twist on a traditional holiday treat. And, a healthy option for dessert. Found at www.recipe4living.com
Top Review by coconutty
I just ate six of these bad boys about 5 minutes after they came out of the oven, so I have no clue if they firm up later or what! (They were very tender when fresh and warm.) MMMMM!!!! Divine! I used regular butter and I did increase the sugar and spice somewhat, because I was making these for some guys who like their cookies fully loaded.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1 cup sugar (Splenda preferred)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- craisins (optional)
- toasted pecan pieces (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease cookie sheets and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and Splenda with mixer until well mixed.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, spices and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together and gradually add to pumpkin mixture, mixing by hand.
- Mix in Craisins and pecans.
- Drop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned.