Recipe by Dee514
If you like pumpkin pie and you like cappuccino, you'll like this. Posted in reply to a recipe board request. Prep time is for steaming the cream/milk. Cook time is for brewing your coffee. Recipe #1 makes 2 servings; recipe #2 makes 1 serving.
Top Review by **Mandy**
Just recently got sent some pumpkin pie spice in a regional swap & thought I'd give this a go, I combined methods 1 & 2. This was nice but I think the ginger in the spice was a bit too dominant for my tastes, (not really a ginger fan> I love the idea of spiced coffee but not with this particular spice too much. Good to try though, thanks for posting!
Pumpkin Pie Cappuccino 1
- 4 ounces light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- your favorite coffee
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1⁄4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
Pumpkin Pie Cappuccino 2
- 1⁄2 ounce pumpkin pie syrup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces longbottom espresso
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- cinnamon (to garnish)
- nutmeg (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Mix together and store in tightly covered container.
- Pumpkin Pie Cappuccino (1): Combine about 4 ounces of light cream with 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice*, steam lightly.
- Fill two heavy mugs about half full with your favorite coffee.
- Top each with steamed cream/spice mixture.
- Garnish each with 2 Tablespoons whipped cream, and a tiny sprinkle of pie spice*.
- (If you like, you can add a drop of yellow and red food coloring to the cream before it is whipped to make it pumpkin colored.) Pumpkin Pie Cappuccino (2): Foam (steam) the milk.
- Combine ingredients in a 6 ounce glass or mug.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.