Recipe by Jules211
My grandma didn't bake much. That was grandpa dept. This was one I always looked forward to. I still make it 20 some odd years later.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin (3 cups)
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup reserved cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven 375°.
- Grease bottom only of a 9x13 cake pan.
- Mix cake mix (all but the 1 cup for topping), melted butter and 1 egg.
- Press into cake pan. This will be the crust.
- Mix all filling ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the crust.
- Mix the topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until knife comes out clean.