Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mr Food Tv program
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and evaporated milk; mix well.
- Pour into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the batter in the pan; drizzle melted butter evenly over the top then sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for about 1-1/4 hours, until the top is set and the bottom has the texture of pumpkin pie.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Love this ... it's very similar to a recipe I have posted (Pumpkin Upside-Down Cake). I added a little extra cinnamon, cloves & ginger because I wasn't sure how potent my pumpkin pie spice was. This smells wonderful while baking! The only thing I would do different next time is to combine the cake mix with the melted butter & nuts to make more of a struesel-type topping. Also, I found that putting the nuts directly on top of the cake mix (as written) that you might wind up with some of the nuts nearly burned. Thanks for posting! -M