Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I received this from a co-worker and loved it! I made it this year in my new office and it was a hit. It is good cold or warm but I prefer it cold with either vanilla ice cream or cool whip.
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 -2 cup chopped pecans
- whipped cream (optional)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix together the filling ingredients
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top of cake mix.
- Bake until cake is set in center, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- After baking for 45 minutes sprinkle the top with pecans to avoid burning.
- Either serve warm or cool to room temperature and refrigerate for several hours before serving.