Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine and made it for my pumpkin-pie-loving son's birthday - it got rave reviews! Very moist and flavorful - something different for that fall dessert! Use Pumpkin Pie Cake Frosting to go with it.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 2, 8-inch round cake pans with Flour Pam.
- Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar and oil in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Add egg substitute and eggs; beating until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, blending well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spice and salt in medium bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, beating until just blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost with Pumpkin Pie Cake Frosting (recipe #263354).