Vino Girl's Note:
This recipe is different than others I've seen posted since it doesn't use a cake mix. From Cooking Light November 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2To prepare cake, coat 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Dust pans evenly with 2 tablespoons flour.
- 3Combine 1 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 4Add egg substitute and eggs; beat until well blended.
- 5Add pumpkin, beating until blended.
- 6Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl.
- 7Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, beating just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- 10To prepare frosting, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- 11Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended (do not overbeat).
- 12Add juice, stirring until blended.
- 13Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread 1 cup frosting over layer, and top with remaining cake layer.
- 14Spread remaining frosting over top of cake.
- 15Sprinkle with pecans, and garnish with orange slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 252.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g