Recipe by Annacia
This quick bread recipe tastes like pumpkin pie. Tastes best when served the next day.
Top Review by Greeny4444
With fall here and pumpkins all over the place, I was wanting to bake some sort of pumpkin-y thing. I am glad I chose this quick bread. This is an excellent recipe! I did add 1 tsp. of vanilla to the wet mixture and 1/2 tsp of cloves to the flour mixture, but other than that, followed the recipe exactly. My loaves were done in 55 min. They made the house smell so good and taste so good as well! Thanks, Annacia, for a keeper! UPDATE: I baked this recipe in 3-8x4 loaf pans at 350 degrees for 46 minutes, and they came out perfect!!
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 14.78 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with water.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For best flavor, store wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for a full day before serving.