Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 24 mins
I got this out of the paper over 20 years ago and to this date one of my favorite pumpkin bar recipe's. You can use margarine instead of butter if you prefer.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 (30 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 13x9 baking pan.
- Remove 1 cup of the cake mix; reserve. In small bowl, lightly beat 1 egg. In large bowl, stir together remaining cake mix, melted butter and the beaten egg.
- Press into prepared pan.
- In large bowl, lightly beat remaining 3 eggs, Stir in the pumpkin, 1/2 cup of the sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk and cinnamon. Pour over cake mixture in pain. To the 1 cup reserved cake mix, add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, walnuts and softened butter; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, Serve warm or cold.
These are very Yummy! Taste like yummy pumpkin pie but better! Definatly a keeper! I plan to take these to Thanksgiving dinner this year!
These are awesome. I did use a white cake mix because that is all I had, next time I'm sure with a yellow cake mix they will be even better. Thanks for posting a great recipe!
AWESOME. Thank you so much for posting!