Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dense brownie/blondie-like concoction; it's almost like pumpkin pie filling without the crust, thickened enough to be hand-held. Adapted from a recipe at Brown Eyed Baker. http://bit.ly/ahoJGW
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 9x13x2" baking dish. Cut a piece of baker's parchment 9x25" and place into baking dish with a 4" overhang on each side.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, spices and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add butter, brown sugar and vanilla, and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add pumpkin and stir until well combined. Pour entire flour mixture on top and fold in with rubber spatula, just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Smooth the top evenly. In a small bowl, stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over top of batter. Bake 30 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. Place entire dish on a rack and cool to room temperature. Remove from pan using parchment handles. Cut into 24 squares and store airtight at room temperature.