Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Pour one cup of yellow cake mix into a medium size mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 egg; mix well.
- Press into the baking pan.
- Combine pumpkin pie filling, 2 eggs and milk in a medium size mixing bowl; mix until smooth.
- Pour evenly over the crust in the 9x13 inch pan.
- Pour the sugar and cinnamon into the mixing bowl containing the 1 cup of yellow cake mix.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture looks crumbly.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the pumpkin filling.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the bars come out clean.
- Let cool before cutting.
These were very good. The pumpkin flavor really comes through. I did add 1 T pumpkin pie spice with the cinnamon. Mine baked for 40 minutes. Very nice bars.
Simply outstanding and easy to make. I used 1/2 tsp Penzy's Cinnamon and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. The recipe says to use canned pumpkin, but they mean pumpkin pie filling. Enjoy!
These were very good. I wanted more pumpkin filling on the cake like crust. Still, I thought these were very good.