Recipe by Alisa Lea
This is a Pampered Chef recipe for their Stoneware Bar Pan (10 x 15 1/2) but I'm sure it could be baked in any pan of a similar size. Pumpkin pie is a big favorite at our house for the holidays and this turned out yummy!
Top Review by shan9251
I have made this recipe for at least 10 years now, because it has been requested every thanksgiving to replace pumpkin pie! Looovvveee this recipe still get the classic taste of pumpkin pie but the crust is amazing!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (15 ounce) cans solid pack pumpkin
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and pecans. Add melted butter and mix well. Press into the bottom of baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking combine eggs, pumpkin, milk, spices and salt and whisk until smooth. Pour over crust and bake 30-35 minutes until filling is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool at room temperature. Cut into squares and garnish with whipped topping and pecan halves, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.