Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
A tradition on Thanksgiving Day. The topping gives it a special finish.
- 453.59 g can pumpkin (or 1 1/2 cups if using fresh)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml flour, rounded
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml butter
- 141.74 g can evaporated milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml nutmeg
- 2 unbaked pastry shells
- Mix all ingredients together except nutmeg and 1 tablespoon sugar, adding eggs one at a time.
- Pour mixture into pastry shells and bake at 300º for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Remove pies from oven and sprinkle with the nutmeg/sugar mixture.
Yummy. Just the right sweetness. I used fresh cooked and pureed pumpkin per amount listed. I mixed some cinnamon right into the mixture, but that's all I did differently. Mine looks a bit shallow because I used 9 1/2 inch pie plates. Everyone LOVED this and the pies didn't last long. Thanx!
This was great.--------Will be trying this again .Wish i could give it more than 5 stars.