Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
A tradition on Thanksgiving Day. The topping gives it a special finish.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (or 1 1/2 cups if using fresh)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour, rounded
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 unbaked pastry shells
- Mix all ingredients together except nutmeg and 1 tablespoon sugar, adding eggs one at a time.
- Pour mixture into pastry shells and bake at 300º for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Remove pies from oven and sprinkle with the nutmeg/sugar mixture.
Yummy. Just the right sweetness. I used fresh cooked and pureed pumpkin per amount listed. I mixed some cinnamon right into the mixture, but that's all I did differently. Mine looks a bit shallow because I used 9 1/2 inch pie plates. Everyone LOVED this and the pies didn't last long. Thanx!
This was great.--------Will be trying this again .Wish i could give it more than 5 stars.