Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 5 cups canned pumpkin
- 8 eggs
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large pie crusts
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the first 6 ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Divide between pie shells.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when put into the pie.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
There is really not enough spices for the amount of pumpkin.
Loved this pie. I used a sugar pumpkin in place of canned & came out GREAT!
I gave this 5 stars. I loved this pumpkin pie and it's very easy and good. My copy of this recipe I got from a cook book and it's slightly different. It calls for 15oz canned pumpkin, 2 eggs, 12oz evaporated milk, 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 3/4 cup sugar, and 9-inch pie crust. The rest is the same. The recipe says the oven temp is 425 and to bake the pie for 15 minutes then reduce temp to 350 and bake the pie for 45 minutes. Thanks for posting a really good recipe! Christine (internetnut)