Recipe by MrsStacy Casas
I got this yummy Pumpkin Pie recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Baking Book. It is so yummy I had to share it!
Top Review by Canadian_in_the_Bay
I followed the recipe as written except I put in 1/2 tsp extra of cinnamon and replaced the ginger and nutmeg with pumpkin pie mix since I have had it for a while and don't want it to go to waste. The pie was easy to make, tasted great, and the consistency was perfect. I might try cutting the sugar down a bit next time. It wasn't too sweet, but I think it might be fine with less and I try to do without extra sugar whenever I can. Thank you for the great recipe.
- 1 ready-made pie crust (or follow a pie crust recipe)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- If using a ready made pie crust that is fine but if not you need to make the pie crust first.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Add eggs.
- Beat lightly with a rotary beater or fork just until combined.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk and milk; mix well.
- Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack.
- Carefully pour filling into pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes.