Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this yummy Pumpkin Pie recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Baking Book. It is so yummy I had to share it!
- 1 ready-made pie crust (or follow a pie crust recipe)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- If using a ready made pie crust that is fine but if not you need to make the pie crust first.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Add eggs.
- Beat lightly with a rotary beater or fork just until combined.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk and milk; mix well.
- Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack.
- Carefully pour filling into pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes.
I followed the recipe as written except I put in 1/2 tsp extra of cinnamon and replaced the ginger and nutmeg with pumpkin pie mix since I have had it for a while and don't want it to go to waste. The pie was easy to make, tasted great, and the consistency was perfect. I might try cutting the sugar down a bit next time. It wasn't too sweet, but I think it might be fine with less and I try to do without extra sugar whenever I can. Thank you for the great recipe.
very nice. Used the oil crust recipe to cut down on transfats. Also used nonfat evaporated milk without an issue. Great flavour thanks.
Just made this recipe for thanksgiving it was a big hit after dinner.