Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 225 g pumpkin
- 375 g shortcrust pastry
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml cream
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Wrap the pumpkin in a foil parcel and put on a baking tray. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender. Leave to cool. Puree in a blender or processor.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a pound coin. Use to line a 23cm flan tin. Chill for 30 minutes. Prick the base, then lay a sheet of baking paper inside and weigh it down with baking beans or dry rice. Bake the flan case for 10 minutes, then remove the paper and rice or beans and bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 180C/160C Fan/ Gas 4. Mix the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and maple syrup together. Add the sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs and cream and add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour into the pastry case and bake for 30 minutes or until set. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.