Recipe by catxx
Dairy-free, and quite low in fat (more so, if you substitute the biscuit crust for a low-fat pastry!). Beautiful - I've just been enjoying a slice with my tea.
- 1 (250 g) packet whole wheat biscuits (I used Arnott's Shredded Wheatmeal)
- 150 g soy margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (homemade is best)
- 300 g firm silken tofu, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Grease a 24cm spring-form tin- I use a light olive oil spray.
- In a blender or food processor, crush the biscuits to fine crumbs.
- Melt the margarine over gentle heat.
- In a medium bowl, add margarine to biscuit crumbs and combine well.
- Pour crumb mix into springform tin, press down evenly all over and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- While base is baking, beat eggs together with sugar till light and creamy.
- Add pumpkin puree, tofu, spices and soy milk.
- Blend or process pumpkin mix until smooth.
- Pour into springform tin, and bake for about 1 hour or until top is light brown and set (some cracks may form but this is ok).
- Allow to cool- best served at room temperature or slightly chilled.