Recipe by jbellesma
A traditional pumpkin pie recipe with kicked up flavor. It is similar to the recipe on the Libby's Pumpkin can, with the addition of extra spices, some brown sugar, and vanilla extract to make it extra flavorful.
Top Review by Kaitlyncs
Holy cow! This is by far the absolute best pumpkin pie recipe I've ever made! I made one for my coworkers and they were highly impressed by it, as was I. It was super easy (in my opinion, its easier than following the Libby's recipe on the can); adding the vanilla and brown sugar most definately makes this my all-time favorite! I'll be using it forever!! Thank you!!
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (4 cup volume)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugars, salt and spices in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs in small bowl and pour into sugar/spice mixture. Empty can of pumpkin into sugar/spice mixture.
- Mix everything with a wooden spoon or a wire whip, and use a rubber spatula to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add evaporated milk gradually and continue stirring.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake for an additional 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.