Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 2 mins
One of my family's favorite pumpkin pies! I have even made this pie with chopped toasted walnuts added but that is optional. Measure exactly 1-3/4 cups sweetened condensed milk, no more or no less!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- whipped cream
- Fir the prepared pie pastry into a glass pie plate; fold the edges under then flute ad desired.
- In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients, then beat using an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to prepared pie shell.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes; reduce heat to 350, then continue to bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve at room temperature, or refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Dollup each slice with whipped cream.
this recipe turned out really well I used butternut pumpkin lightly baked till soft and mashed that and I also used a 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk previously boiled in the unopened can ( becomes caramelized )First Austrlian attempt at pumpkin pie which we had with Xmas dinner of Turkey and boiling bacon
Excellent! I used a 14 ounce can of the sweetened low fat milk and bake, pureed, garden grown butternut squash. This was great! Thanks.