Recipe by Terry Davis
A made from scratch delicious pumpkin pie. You want to use the smaller pumpkins that are made for pie, not the big ones for carving.
Top Review by katink
This pie was delicious! I substituted coconut milk instead of rice or dairy and it made it creamy and nutritious. Loved that it didn't have sugar. The texture was smooth and it was wholesome and dense, not light and fluffy like some pumpkin pies. Home whipped cream added a perfect amount of sweetness. Will definitely do this again.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice milk, can use regular also
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 4 graham crackers, crushed, enough to fill bottom of pan after they are crumbled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pumpkin in half and remove all seeds and pulp.
- Cover both halves in aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and mash in large pot.
- Run thru blender until it is a smooth mush.
- In small sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add graham crackers and mix well.
- Pour into pie plate or spring form pan (can also use cupcake pan for individual pies) spreading evenly.
- In large bowl mix 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, honey, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, milk, allspice, cloves and eggs until well blended.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Cook at 450 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and bake for 45 minutes.
- Pie is done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool to room temperature then refridgerate.